Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Meal Plan | 03.30.14

On this second to last day in March..


Monday:  Chicken Tikka Masala.  My new recipe to try.  
Tuesday:  Chickpea Saute from Plenty. Did I wait long enough to make this again?  
Wednesday:  Lentil Soup
Thursday:  Black bean and Rice Skillet
Friday: Pizza.  Are you asleep yet?  


I completely burnt myself out last week.  I was in a tizzy about casting aside my winter routines and forging ahead to lighter meals for spring.  The ramifications: pizza was ordered on Thursday night.  And Friday became an easy frittata with potatoes and the leeks i hadn't used yet.  But it also meant I was eating a wonderful roasted vegetable salad for lunch each day.  I'm beginning to see Tamar Adler's approach to cooking as much less revolutionary and much more commonsensical.  Prep work pays off.  I don't know that I'll roast all my vegetables every Monday.  But I will sometimes.  In the same vein, I'm doing more prep today that usual for the week ahead.  I soaked all the beans I plan to use, and I'm prepping my chicken for tomorrow night and making the sauce as well.  This is all happening mostly because it is a dreary, easy Sunday afternoon.

I enjoyed reading this article this weekend.  I hope you had a nice one.


2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I am going to add the masala recipe to my list soon. I might try out chickpeas and cauliflower with it?? And, lastly, that article is really thoughtful and heartwarming. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. I'm going to do that next time.

      Delete