Monday, May 19, 2014

The Meal Plan | 05.19.14 | No Big Deal


Monday:  Cauliflower Fritters
Tuesday:  Baked Beans with Cornbread 
Wednesday:  Curried Split Pea Dahl over Rice.  Again.
Thursday:  Kusheri -Egyptian Lentils and Rice topped with a Red Sauce and Sauteed Onions
Friday:  High hopes for burritos made by somebody else.  

Eric will probably call to check in before he boards his plane to come back home.  I'm hoping for a text.  Because I have nothing to say.  I've envisioned answering the presumed call sounding upbeat and entirely positive, like it's been no big deal doing a weekend plus a Monday on my own.  But I can't do that because I'm tired and I'm really bad at pretending otherwise.  It's in part a tribute to how helpful he is.  It's in part a tribute to the age and stage N and V are currently at.  I will never be the person that says motherhood is the hardest job in the world.  But it is an endless job, and most of the time a thankless job.  I don't mean that I want more flowers on Mother's Day.  I mean that practically speaking when your daughter is crying at 4:30 in the morning because she is sleeping in a puddle of pee and she wakes up her roommate and by the time you get back in bed you realize the birds have begun to sing, no one is going to thank you for doing such great work.  This is why God gave us coffee.  To reward us for doing such great work.  

Regardless of all that, today is a great day because this afternoon we are planting our garden!  Tomatoes, basil and flowers in abundance.  And for experimentation, I'm also scattering a mix of mesclun seeds!  I'm most excited about that.  

1 comment:

  1. Coffee yes, but dont forget about wine! :) Happy Planting! Thanks for shairng.

    ReplyDelete