Monday, November 23, 2015

The Meal Plan | 11.23.2015 | Gluten-Free Thanksgiving

This year we travel north to the seacoast of New Hamsphire for Thanksgiving.  Long ago my mother, having a nose for antique colonials and New England salt air carried us all up New Hampshire way from Georgia.  My aunt soon followed where she married the man my sister and I set her up with and they had children so we got cousins.  Naomi and Verity think of Aunt Becca's as paradise and it's the closest they will get on this earth for a taste of Marmie's love for them.

These dear cousins of mine are gluten-free and so I'm happily catering to this restriction which really isn't much of one, until i spotted the snowflake dinner rolls on display at the grocery store this morning.  But anyway, I'm bringing chestnut soup and a flourless chocolate cake made with almond meal from Jane Hornby's, What to Bake and How to Bake It.  I'm also going to bring Heidi Swanson's baked oatmeal and breakfast sausages for the morning after.  Afterward I plan to head to Kittery, Maine to hit up some outlets on Black Friday.  But, it's so close!  

Monday:  Lentil Night:  Kusheri
Tuesday: Leftover beef stew from Sunday's batch session
Wednesday: Aperitif at my sister's abode, so wine with some smoked trout.
Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving


1 comment:

  1. That sounds dreamy. I could use some antique colonials in my life. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete