Thursday, August 15, 2019

Oh Canada

What does it come to: an existence with so many thoughts and so few words. I don't want to keep them all bottled up, though some of them should never escape. It's probably much to do with laziness and time but not really even.  I feel one way and then I feel another. Up and down, back and forth. It's hard to know what to give a voice to. By the time I sit down to write about whatever it is, it's then changed to whatever it was and then it feels too late. I've moved on and poo-pooed whatever feeling or response I had as self righteous mumbo-jumbo.

My moods and melancholy came with me on our family vacation to Canada. Trusty companions they have always proved to be. Is that a sentence I've been handed or is it something to overcome, to medicate, to ignore and look beyond in a quest for contentment and gratitude and joy. I can see my joys; they stand before me.  Three heads looking to me and learning from me and showing me in the flesh my strengths and my shortcomings, my preferences and my tendencies. They cheer me on and they drag me to the ground. They are wonderful creatures. And honestly, we are happiest at home. Though I'd like to test that theory in a serious way. 

Pictures to come..

No comments:

Post a Comment