Tuesday, June 1, 2021

June Second

 Hi There. I wrote a short bit on June Second and I put it up on Substack.  I think I might be moving to that space. If you want to follow me there that would be nice. xo I'm still here, thinking more than writing, reading more than thinking, okay not true, but that sounded nice. 


          My mother’s prized peonies bloomed on the day she died. 

June Second. 

                     “I want to run them all over in my car,” my aunt remarked. 

         I have a picture in my head of her Chevy Tahoe 

peeling back and forth,

                                     back and forth,                         plowing them down, 

skid marks in the soil.                            That was fourteen years ago. 

          June second comes again and again 

                  Tomorrow                                           

                                                                 The peonies are about to burst. 





No comments:

Post a Comment