Thursday, February 25, 2010

breakfast bruschetta

It's cold outside and it looks like it might snow. Our kitchen is about 10 degrees cooler than any other room in the house. If it was actually snowing it might sound inviting to go back there and cook something delicious, or try at least, but since it only looks like it might snow it is simply a room I want to avoid. I'll make it in there at some point today because I have a great little recipe for scallion-ginger broth. It calls for 1 tablespoon of fish sauce and since I bought my first-ever bottle of it this week I'm very excited to give it a go.

I'm also not in a hurry to get back there because I'm still savoring memories of this morning's breakfast. I sliced about 10 or so pieces of the baguette leftover from last night and popped them in the toaster oven that I've been trying to get rid of for months now, but oh so glad I still had it today! (Although they could have been easily broiled.)

Toppings:

-Nutella
-peanut butter
-Amish farm butter
-mixed berry preserves
-creamed honey

Don't they all sound so good? My favorite combination was a base layer of peanut butter topped with a swirl of nutella. The runner up was a generous smear of butter topped by a dollop of preserves.

I'm definitely doing that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment