Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lemon Soda

I had a lemon soda in New York City this past weekend. Had I watched the guy make it I could tell you more about it. But I didn't, so all I can do is tell you how perfectly delicious, fizzy, and tart it was, and then tell you where to find it.

156 Tenth Avenue at 20th Street. Cookshop restaurant and bar. Go there on a really hot day. On the sidewalk, there will be a wooden cart with a yellow umbrella and a chalkboard sign with "Lemon Soda" written on it.



In accordance with this citrus memory, I'm making Middle Eastern Lentil Soup tonight. The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. I may end up adding more than that in a vain attempt to recreate my lemon soda experience by way of lentils. I think you might know how this will all turn out. But I'm rolling with it because a meal will be made, which is something.

No comments:

Post a Comment