Tuesday, March 8, 2011

And we're back.

After moving from Lancaster, Pennsylvania to Somerville, Massachusetts, having one baby girl, and consuming many meals not blog-worthy (and some that were), We Are Back. I didn't know what would get us rolling again until last Saturday night. Now it is clear that I was waiting for Russ Parsons' Lamb-Stuffed Cabbage Rolls. I'm not sure who this man is but he has a gift. I found the recipe on Wednesday Chef, which if I remember correctly is exactly where I first found inspiration a year and a half ago when this blog began. Now the Wednesday Chef is living in Berlin with a book contract and I'm sitting in my living room with my black-eyed peas soaking and a baby asleep in the next room.

But back to Saturday night when a craving for meat led us on a recipe hunt which then led us on a walk to Savenor's where the nicest butcher in the neighborhood ground us some fresh lamb. When he reemerged from the back and held out the meat, I knew it was going to be a good night. And it was. The dish turned out better than we could have hoped and I'm still thinking about it, and definitely still talking about it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back.
    We made lamb brewats this week- ground lamb w/ onion & spices wrapped into little triangles in phyllo dough and baked. Cute & yummy. We hope to get out east this summer and meet your daughter.

    ScottB

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back! i'm actually going down to plymouth in a couple weeks to learn how to make my grandmother's stuffed cabbage. she always made it for every family gatherin - but its been years. i'm looking forward to featuring her recipe at easter this year! we'll have to compare recipes!

    ReplyDelete