Wednesday, January 30, 2013

waiting

I am waiting for a couple of things. 1. The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook 2. inspiration ...I lost my kitchen mojo this week and I'm pretty bummed about it. I know why. I haven't cooked dinner in two nights. My brother was in town this past weekend and we cooked a couple of hefty one-pot meals that provided leftovers for Monday and Tuesday. I wish cooking was like riding a bicycle. Once you learn how, you never forget. But with cooking, you take two nights off and then on Wednesday you stand around and wonder what the room was once used for. Can't I just eat my leftovers in peace? I'm going to try to ride this in-between phase out and not wail that all is lost. What better place to pick back up than with a new cookbook. I've flipped a few pages of The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook and I'm already hooked. My sister made a grapefruit olive oil cake from there -hooked again. Plus, my beloved French Lentil Dish was her adaptation of Barefoot's original recipe. I guess it was meant to be. Currently I am 163rd on the waiting list to get it from the library. I think it might be bought this week. To: Melissa. Love, Melissa. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment