Wednesday, February 6, 2013

more on February

I always seem to be minutes or months late on finding out about anything worth going to, she whines.  Seriously though.  My post-bedtime trips to the local bookstore usually get me there just in time for the conclusion of some intriguing Author Event.  Frustrating on its own, and doubly frustrating because all the fixtures are moved around, making my leisurely browse very difficult.  And then just moments ago I read that Deb Perelman, author of the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook, was at Fish's Eddy in NYC on December 11th for her book tour.  No big deal.  That is only my favorite store in the whole city.  (It used to be Anthroplogie in SoHo before it became a huge corporate chain that stole my creative license for two years.  Shop there, don't work there.  Trust me on this one.)  These are the precious moments that you don't get back, she continues to whine.  One of these days I'm going to be on the correct mailing list, check the correct website or show up at some book store moments before some magical event is about to begin.

Oh well.  Back to plotting my survival of February.  Homemade granola bars are helping.  I ate half the pan of the last batch so I'm off to make another, this time without the quarter cup of brown sugar.  They were a little on the sweet side.  It's another Barefoot recipe.  from Back to Basics.  I think they are worth making.  Especially if you made your husband give up the store-bought ones by Nature Valley as soon as you came around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment