Friday, February 8, 2013

something to mark the days: blizzard and beef

It's snowing!!!  I didn't sleep well last night.  I kept waking up with fear that the storm was going to come early and I had yet to stock up at Whole Foods.  It did not come early and we made there and back safely.  So now I'm just tired.  But!  I have lots to be thankful for, including another adorable bag of flageolet beans, a fennel bulb AND some too-good-to-be-true stewing beef!!!  I'm so grateful that there is meat inside our home and snow outside it.  Be gone you Big Mac commercial and let's give a warm welcome to some beef stew.  Beans tonight, beef tomorrow.  And, of course, more raspberry crumb bars.  

side note -a little bet has been waged on what the Boston Globe will headline this storm.  My husband thinks it is only a matter of time before we start reading "Blinding Nemo".  I'm not so sure.  Actually, I am sure.  I'm sure that he will be the only one to have coined this terrible pun.  I'll let you know who wins.    

2 comments:

  1. Eric should get on Twitter! I saw a couple people calling it that on there, in good humor all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, he will be glad to know this. :)

    ReplyDelete