Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Meal Plan 2.16.14


I'm happy to say you will be able to count on me for at least one small something moving forward.
The Meal Plan.  My meal plan for dinners each week.  I've been at it since the fall and I'm starting to get the hang of it.  It's really a sketch, written in pencil.  The meals get moved around, bumped back, replaced.  But I can say that it adds an element of peace to my week when originally I thought it would only add constraint with no flavor.  And since I always want to know what my friends are making for dinner, I'll start by sharing what's on my table!

1. pizza: oof's basic recipe -Homemade Winter by Yyette Van Boven
2.  Lentil Soup -duh
3.  Chickpea, tomato and bread soup, Plenty by Ottolenghi
4.  Swiss Chard, Tomato and Garlic over Polenta -friend's recipe archive
5.  Baked Risotto with Cauliflower -Homemade Winter
6.  Baked potatoes with sauteed mushrooms -back-up meal idea from Bon Appetite because there appears to be strong tomato overtones throughout. :)

I'll report back.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! Love that plan.. I have kinda forgotten about chick peas recently after a 2012 over dose. Gotta try that soup!

    ReplyDelete