Friday, March 21, 2014

Week Weary

It's going to be a crawl to the finish, but it's looking like I will live to tell the tale of this week behind us.  I always wondered what it would be like to take care of two sick babies.  I no longer wonder.  It wasn't that bad, and oh yes it was.  The pendulum was a careless thing for all of us -swinging about without the least regard for people standing in its path.  Moods changed as quickly as a gust of wind.  One minute we were up, the next we were down.  When I'm in a valley like the one we were in this week -it doesn't help (at all) to try to relay the facts and the nuances of the day to my partner.  It happened and you had to be there.  The only witnesses are people of the Age of Innocence.  They are short and they can't testify.  We were a little island -looking for the rescue of warm weather, looking for a bird to visit our bird-feeder, looking for an open table sit at and eat our honey sticks.  Alas. 

I know I can be dramatic.  I can brag some serious self-awareness and I know where I fell short this week, as a parent, as a person.  But it is a week like this one where it doesn't do much good to analyze every ounce of your existance.  It was one week.  And we weren't feeling really well -in Naomi's words.  Fine.  Let it go.  Let it be.  Save your droning for a warmer, sunnier, spring day.  

Have a great weekend.  :)


1 comment: