Monday, March 17, 2014

The Meal Plan 03.17.14


How are you fairing this week?  I know it's only Monday, but still.  Feeling a little stifled in our corner of the world.  Wish I had been more patient with N this morning before I realized she wasn't as well as she first lead us to believe.  I probably could have saved my "I'm not your servant, I'm your mom" speech for a healthier moment.  

Butternut Squash has been my faithful companion this long winter.  Tonight I will sauteed it in olive oil with a garlic clove crushed.  If you do this in a heavy saucepan and leave the lid on it turns into a delicious mash.  I will serve it over white rice.  I will douse mine with hot sauce.  

Monday:  Sauteed Butternut Squash over Rice.  Sorry, I just said that.  
Tuesday:  Lentil Soup.  We've missed you.  
Wednesday:  Leftover Sweet Potato Blintzes from last week. 
Thursday:  hmmm.  That may mean pasta.  
Friday:  Pizza.  I just made that up.  I'm good till Wednesday at least.  

3 comments:

  1. So where does the coconut fit in?? haha.. We had butternut squash tonight too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would that I could serve butternut squash for dinner and not be asked "where's the rest of the dinner?" Liz

    ReplyDelete