Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Accounting for Thanksgiving 2018




On Thursday a magazine and a notebook were purchased. On Friday the groceries were bought. On Saturday seats were counted, rooms were dusted. Naomi made placecards.  Verity fretted that Naomi was going to make her sit somewhere awful. In the afternoon vegetables were soaked in salty water to prepare them for pickling. Pie crusts were made, wrapped and stored away. On Sunday, nuts were roasted, vegetables too.  My lost Bon Appetit guide was found.  Naomi counted out the silverware, and vacuumed a room that had already been vacuumed.  

I had good intentions of making this post into many, one for each day, documenting the progress made for the impending feast....alas those hour-and-a-halves divided up didn't get me there.  But here are a few pictures to document the day, before and after the main event.



  


My salad was my thing and it made me very happy.  I based it off a delicious version I had a Flour Bakery one day on a whim.  Some ingredients: pickled veggies, spiced almonds, cranberries, mustard greens, parsley, other lettuce varieties, parmesan-garlic dressing.

Other notes: We ordered a very happy turkey who lived their life in western Massachusetts.  I made chestnut soup to start.  Emily made a delicious cranberry and fig dressing. Eric made cornbread dressing from scratch. My experimental pie was called 'honey flower' from this year's Food and Wine November magazine. Eric also made biscuits from scratch and my aunt brought roasted sweet potatoes and my sister-in-law brought a deep dish pumpkin pie. Whiskey sours were served to start. Okay now I'm rambling and I sound like i'm in a hurry.

I'll write back soon. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment