Monday, January 21, 2019

January Quiet

I gave January the victor's crown early on but it's proving to be a tightly contested battle.  I changed my stance, I think it was on the 7th, and decided that I couldn't let moans and groans be my January song.  No one was listening to me whine about having to re-enter 'life' on January 2nd.  I'm trying to see this month for what it is instead of what it isn't. I've been thankful for the quiet.  
It's cold and dark, yes, and quiet.

I'm beginning to believe that the questions I have in my thirties will become answers in my forties. I'm not sure we even ask questions in our twenties.  While I find myself elbowing my husband more often to help me grab the word I'm missing, completely killing whatever conversation momentum I was building at the moment, I'm also finding less angst to accompany it.  I'm intrigued. 
Tell me more.  

My sister shared with me this article that I loved.  Oh it's good. Inspiring and all that. It led to a 'life conversation'. Those are always good and hard and best had when children in the next room are throwing handfuls of marbles up into the air to scatter and then find. 



Naomi turns eight. 



Myles is thirteen.


My window seat. 


TEA


:) 

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are a real treat. This line got me: "I'm trying to see this month for what it is instead of what it isn't." Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete